Monday, December 22, 2008

Proverbs 22 (December 22 2008)

These are just thoughts that stood out as I read through Proverbs 22.

vs 1 this is so hard to remember especially in our culture now, where money rules, you can be as dishonest as you want as long as you make money at it. That is not how God sees it. He would rather you have a good name than be wealthy.

vs 2 is something we all need to remember. God made us all whether we have money or we don't have money.

vs 6 I have always had a problem with this verse, mainly becuase I have seen people that were brought up correctly do some very horrible things to family, and on the flipside there are people that were brought up in a horrible home with no positive influence and are doing the things God would have them do. I need to study this verse and its implications more.

vs 8 is something I have to remember when dealing with family situations. It just seems easier to lash out at someone who has hurt you instead of taking the high road and letting God deal with the person who has dealt the offense. So out of my nature but something that I have found is very rewarding.

vs 24-25. I have always been insecure about friendships. I look around and see that other people are going and doing things with their friends and I look around and really feel like I don't have anyone around me. These verses may be the reason for that. I used to be hot tempered all the time. I still am but I have learned to control it. There are still things that get under my skin very quickly and I am learning more each day to control the way I react to people and situations. It definitley is a growing process. Not something that happens over night.

I am thankful for my husband who can tell me if I am being unreasonable. There are times that I don't want to hear it but I know I do have to hear it. I am thankful for my church. They have been a growing point for me. I have had to learn to be quiet more and listen more and be more patient a whole lot more. My perception of things has changed quite a bit since we have joined forces with Crosstown. I thank God for the leading to go the direction of Crosstown. I am not sure where I would be right now if we had not joined up and wanted to help make Crosstown what God would like it to be.

I am thankful for family even though we are not talking to all of our family right now. I still love them and wish them the best in all they do and all that God leads them to and through.

No comments: