Friday, January 29, 2010

sense of gratefullness

After watching a show about dr's in Haiti working on the people that needed it and hearing that a friend got a job that she had been praying about makes me very sad that I am not more grateful for the job that I believe that God brought me too.

My new prayer is to be grateful no matter what situation comes my way. There is no reason for me to grumble. So what if I lose a couple hours of pay. I am safe, my family is safe (I pray that my daughter is safe, we haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks.) we have food in the house and we have electricity. Even if we did not have electricity we have games that we could play as a family and hurricane lamps that would provide light and some heat.

So much more to life than the stupid little things I have been fretting about.

I pray that God will help me become a more grateful person in life.

No comments: