Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Friendship

So tonight while looking at twitter and Facebook (both of which I should stop looking at) I started to feel very depressed about my life. Don't get me wrong I love Jesus, my husband, and kids, but I don't feel like I have any really close friends. You see I see other girlfriends going to dinner, or getting pedicures or just hanging out for a weekend. My friends and I don't do that. By then I have to remember all of my friends have young children I don't have young children I have older children (the way I feel that other people see that is a whole other blog post). So hanging out seems a little bit more difficult because husbands have to agree to watch kids for the wives or babysitters have to be acquired and that puts a time frame on how long we have to hang out. Matt and I are in the empty neat phase of life and the people in that phase are at least 14 years older than me and then I just lok like a child to them . My prayer is that God will make me the type of friend others need and bring a close friend or two that will speak to me and that I can speak into their life as well. That friend may already be in my life and I hope they are cause I really hate he initial stage of friendship which is why I don't have very many friends.

No comments: