Friday, May 18, 2012

Purpose

So for the last almost 40 days (tomorrow would be 40 days) we as a small group have been reading the Purpose Driven Life to celebrate the time between Easter and Pentecost.  I haven't been real consistent in my reading and I probably have 3 or four chapters left to finish the book but the parts I have read have kept my mind going about my purpose and listening to God's voice. Both are elusive to me at this point in my life. My purpose is just hidden and God's voice is just not familiar to me yet. Hate to admit that but it is true. This past week at work has been a tough one. For one thing I have been getting all of my work done before noon... You heard me all of my work done before noon. so after lunch I sit at my desk and think and look at items and try to learn and wait for emails to come in. Don't get me wrong I love my job.. much better than the past ones I have had but I am one of these people that if I have a job to do and I am getting paid for it then I want work to do as well. I don't know if work is just getting slower or I am getting more efficient I would love to think it is the latter, I don't want to go looking for a new job..  I am content here.. sounds off track from my original thought but maybe it is not. Maybe my slow week has been God getting my attention. I am not sure. I will probably be complaining about the fact that next week I can not see to catch my breath.

Who knows I guess I will just keep praying and I know God will direct my path individually and our path as a family. Who knows where he will lead us. Pretty soon it will be Matt and I , three years goes pretty fast, since Z is almost 16 he will be a Sophomore for next school year and then before you know it going to college. Good thing Matt and I like each other and like hanging out together if not in three years we would be in a world of trouble.

No comments: