Thursday, July 17, 2008

Deuteronomy 28

Today was hard to read. Deuteronomy 28 was about blessing and cursing those who obey and disobey God.

I say it was hard to read because there was more curses listed than blessing.

I know we all like to focus on the good of God, but if we don't embrace the punishment that God will bestow on us if we disobey him then we are missing a huge chunk of who God is.

God is our Father and he wants the best for us, and sometimes the best for us is a spanking.
Yes God wants to bless us but he can not bless us if we do not obey him, and if we only get blessing then we start taking it for granted. I for one do not want to take God or his blessing for granted, but I also do not want to get punished.


So after reading this (which goes along with the sermon series at church..... meditating on sin?..)
I am going to try to be more conscious of obeying God

No comments: