Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15, 2009 Proverbs 15

vs 1. "A soft word turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." I have seen this verse work. Now if I can just get my mouth to join in. That would be great.

vs 13, I can see this, Does it even work when that person that is glad of heart does not smile all the time. ??

vs 22. This is also true. The more advice you get the more you cna make an informed decision. But if you do not have anyone's advice you may not know all of the sides of the "story".

vs 33 "The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom and humility comes before honor"
To the world this may be a strange verse because the world wants honor not humility. I would much rather have humility first and honor second. Humility honors the Lord. Honor honors the human. We should all have fear for the Lord so that we can gain instruction from the Lord.

No comments: