Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16, 2009 Proverbs 16

vs 1 says the plans of the heart belong to man. but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
I want my plans to be given of God not of my own heart.
I pray that any answer that I give would be from the Lord.

vs 2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit.
I really can't see how all the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, what about the ones that do wrong like murder or stealing. Do they think that what they are doing is pure at the time in their own eyes or do they know that they are doing wrong. Maybe if the people that did wrong intentionally all the time believed that the Lord weighs the spirit maybe that would make them want to do things that pleases the Lord so their spirit is clear. I know that is my prayer.

vs 3 is something that I have to remember when I start working again. I need to make sure that everything that I do is commited to the Lord and God will establish my plans.

vs 4. My friend on facebook yesterday had updated her status to say pretty much the first part of the verse. She is so right.

vs 7 I would love to see this actually worked out. My husband and I truly believe that what we are doing pleases the Lord, our plans seem to have created enemies mostly in family. So I am not sure what to think about this one. Maybe them not believing that my husband and I could ever be in God's will would be the reason why they seem like enemies now.

vs 9 . the heart of of man plans his way but the Lord establishes his steps.
I am so thankful that God establishes our step

vs 25 must have been important for us to know because this is the second time a verse similar to that has been in this chapter.

No comments: